Awatar użytkownika
Tommy Black
Użytkownik
Użytkownik
Podziękował: 10893 razy
Otrzymał podzięk.: 28761 razy

Clive Bates i Sarah Jakes NNA do Sekretarza ds Zdrowia WB J. Hunta

Postautor: Tommy Black » czw paź 13, 2016 2:15 pm

Brytyjską organizację New Nicotine Alliance (NNA) już znacie. Ostatnio dwoje z jej człowych przedstawicieli napisało list do brytyjskiego Sekretarza Stanu ds Zdrowia Jeremiego Hunta.
Wzywają do odrzucenia TPD w zakresie dotyczącym ein.Powołują się na raport z 2015 roku Public Health England, the Royal College of Physicians oraz ostatnie ustalenia z The Cochrane Review i ich niedawnego wsparcia od Public Health England.
"Mamy nadzieję, że minister rozważy rzeczywiście te bardzo ważne dokumenty i uchyli niektóre z najgorszych przykładów europejskiego prawa unijnego, zwłaszcza tam, gdzie podejście krajowe miałoby wiele korzyści dla zdrowia, dobrego samopoczucia, handlu, wolności osobistej i konkurencyjności."
"Public Health England będzie szukał zwolenników na całym świecie, by bronić bezpieczniejszych alternatyw dla papierosów", pisze profesor Gerry Stimson, emerytowany profesor z Imperial College w Londynie, w The Spectator.

Dlaczego list ten jest ważny?
Wystarczy popatrzeć co się dzieje w USA, gdzie Tony Yang i Micah Berman piszą w JAMA Pediatrics o uchwalonej niedawno przez FDA, ustawie:
"Chociaż publikacja jest ważnym krokiem naprzód, FDA [Food and Drug Administration] powinna wykorzystać swoją władzę dalej chronić zdrowie publiczne poprzez nałożenie ograniczeń na reklamę e-papierosów i wzmóc swoje wysiłki w celu ograniczenia sprzedaży e-papierosów smakowych. "
Według nich najlepszym sposobem na zmniejszenie szkód powodowanych przez palenie jest całkowite zniszczenie rynku waperskiego,
ponieważ czyni palenie atrakcyjnym. Rozprzestrzeniają te wiadomości za pośrednictwem mediów medycznych , wzbudzają wątpliwości i przekonują, że nie ma dowodów - a więc inaczej, brak dowodów, że vaping jest zdrowszy i skuteczny w rzucaniu palenia.
Nie jest dla nikogo tajemnicą że dziennikarze/naukowcy? Ci pracują dla FDA i Big Tobacco aby zniszczyć małe przedsiębiorstwa, które tworzą większość z branży ein.

A to caly list, bo warto:

Rt. Hon. Jeremy Hunt MP
Secretary of State for Health
Ministerial Correspondence and Public Enquiries Unit
Department of Health
Richmond House
79 Whitehall
London
SW1A 2NS

2nd October 2016

Dear Secretary of State

Re: Great Repeal Bill: proposal to repeal EU e-cigarette regulation and snus ban

We recognise that the primary purpose of the Great Repeal Bill to be announced in the 2017 Queen’s speech is to bring most of the body of European Union law into UK law substantively unchanged. However, we hope that ministers will consider actually repealing some of the worst examples of European Union Law, especially where a domestic approach would have multiple benefits to health, wellbeing, commerce, personal freedom and competitiveness.

To that end, we wish to propose that the government repeals those parts of the European Union Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) 2014/40/EU and the related Tobacco and Related Product Regulations, 2016 that regulate electronic cigarettes and novel tobacco products, and prohibit oral tobacco. These should be replaced with a light-touch domestic regulatory regime.

This would allow England, and the Devolved Administrations if they choose, to develop world-leading exemplary policies in tobacco harm reduction – a public health strategy endorsed by Public Health England, the National Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training and The Royal College of Physicians.

The relevant sections are respectively:

Electronic cigarettes: TPD Article 20 and The Tobacco and Related Products Regulations 2016 Part 6, Part 7, and Part 8 as it applies to e-cigarettes.
Novel tobacco products: TPD Article 19 The Tobacco and Related Products Regulations 2016 Part 4 Section 22.
Snus ban: TPD Article 17 and The Tobacco and Related Products Regulations 2016 Part 3 Section 17 and Part 8 as it applies to smokeless tobacco. Note that repealing this could possibly resolve the current legal case against the UK government challenging the snus ban with what appear to be unanswerable legal and public health arguments.
The overall policy aim should be to bring the regulation of nicotine products that have at least 90% lower risk than smoking under a purpose-built domestic regime. This would allow removal of those aspects of the European Union Tobacco Products Directive that will have perverse unintended consequences or amount to a regulatory protection of the incumbent cigarette trade. Most of these parts of the Directive consist only of pointless restrictions, burdensome obligations that achieve little, and costs that will cripple many small and medium sized UK businesses. We can certainly do much better with domestic regulation that focuses on consumer protection and realising public health opportunities. On 26 April 2016, we wrote to the Department’s officials detailing concerns with the Directive and making proposals for the next Tobacco Plan. We attach that letter for background.

That would be a worthwhile way to recognise the benefits of the UK’s exit from the European Union and likely to be popular with the nation’s 2.8 million vapers. We suggest you consider our proposal as a potential ‘quick win’ for Brexit.

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss this proposal both at a political level and with officials. Please let us know when and if it would be possible to meet.

Yours sincerely

Sarah Jakes
On behalf of New Nicotine Alliance
Clive Bates
Associate, New Nicotine Alliance

A tu do ściągnięcia w pliku PDF:

http://clivebates.com/documents/NNA-Hunt2016.pdf

Wróć do „Dyskusja ogólna”